01 June 2007

The blond witch

For 20 years now I have had a very special friend; Tineke. Tineke and I met at polytechnic when we both studied physical therapy. I quit, but she carried on and expanded her knowledge in the field of biomechanics (at the University of Nijmegen), Chinese herbal therapy, and acupuncture. Her core business has now become acupuncture and she is also specializing in a Toyohara acupuncture (Japanese).

For the third time now she has come over to my home to treat me. Her main aim being to balance the different types of energy in my body. She has a holistic aproach, therefore seeing the body a symbiosis. I have to say, the effect of the treatment is most interesting. I do feel much more balanced when she is done and seem to be able to cope much better with external factors in the days following my treatment. She tries to give me a sense of well-being (I am carefully avoiding the word 'wellness' here, as this is certainly not a load of BS). With this Japanese methode, she sometimes does not even insert the needles. She achieves real results by merely holding the the needles over certain meridians. Experiencing it is truely an abracadabra trip. Aren't I lucky to have a little white witch at hand! Anyone who has problems that they don't seem to get over...I suggest you contact one of the best acupuncturists in the country.

No comments: