22 June 2007

Nine lives for the lioness

This chick has a macho side to her! For instance the size of her car is a measure of her strenght. (On the road, that is). Only a few days ago I was talking to Marcus about the Toyota Avensis and how it would have been the car of my choice, had I not become ill and gotten an steady contract with PwC. If, if, if,....really...why I still bother I do not know, but cars are one of those things that can really uplift my mood. In the meantime I have been given a temporary lease car. A Toyota Corolla. Not quite as fancy as the Avensis, but compared to my old heap of scrap metal this is certainly a promotion on the scale of coolness!
What I was telling Marcus is that the Toyota cars offer great value for money, but that the critics keep mentioning one little problem: If you have driven a little while and let the car run stationary, the motor has a tendency to turn off when you want to take off again. Marcus didn't understand how this was possible...but I told him the critics are right, and that my motor often quits running at red lights and corners.
This afternoon I had one of those moments after I had brought Kiara away to the day care. It happened at a corner of a busy street which I wanted to turn into. The man behind me thought I was going to drive off, he looked left to check the traffic (coming from a road that was blocked! In other words there was no traffic anyway!), and when my car gave up, he ran into my rear. My fear of having an accident had become a reality. I was so happy my back was OK that I stood there grinning like an idiot. The poor man was totally flabbergasted....after filling in all the forms I told him he shouldn't be so upset. He and I were OK and there were no kids involved in the accident. He forced a smile and we said good-bye. I was worried about having an accident ...I suppose this was IT! I count my lucky stars that it wasn't a bigger impact. I appear to be OK. I think that I (Leo) should evaluate how many of the 9 lives I have already used up. Just to make sure I don't run out of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, like I told you, this was # 8... So the one you have is the last one left... use it well and stop scaring the @#RQWER! out of me... ;-))

Anonymous said...

Actually, looking back at my years I count 6 life-threatening situations. Go on! I deserve those extra 3 chances!