20 June 2007

Wishful thinking

This morning I am off to Lips to evaluate how things have been with the Thyrax tablets (hormone replacement). I do feel a lot more energetic so I am not too concerned we won't get my cocktail right. Personally I have the impression I need a slightly higher dose as I was fine when I took 1,5 tablets. But since I went back to taking one I feel tired again. I have also lost my appetite (a strange phenomenon as I always love my food). The day before yesterday I decided to cook. (Other people have been making me dinner because working at the counter is pretty painful). After making my special spaghetti from scratch I couldn't wait to eat it. However when I tried to eat it, I thought is was horrible and left it. Kiara ate like a pig so I put it down to my taste buds not functioning properly..
Lips is the doctor that coordinates my care. I have many questions for him regarding my expectations as Wuisman has gone on his holiday without elaborating too much on the operations of my spine and skull (Wow that sounds horrible)!
Of course I have looked up information about removing the vertebra (corpectomy). There is so much documentation on this matter that I have to believe Wuisman that this a routine procedure. If i am correct, the L3 vertebra is less likely to give complications than for instance L1 or L2. I even found documentation on a similar operation done in 1968! Most people with broken vertebrae in this area seem to be paraplegic before surgery. The surgery does help them recover! This is information I have to check. I will not ask Lips about this to prevent getting partial information again...but what I do want to know is if they have more suprises in store for me. Like, what are they going to do about the tumour on my arm? I don't want small chunks of information as I go along. And what about the spots in my lungs? I want to hear all that they know or expect straight away.
All in all I hope the results from my radioactive Iodine treatment have arrived. The bottom line is that I want to know if the cancer treatment is working. Let's hope he has more news for me today!

No comments: