07 May 2007

No pain, no gain


Pain is a peculiar thing. For 2 years now I have been walking around with tremendous pain. I did not accept it as I was on another mission. (Making a career and bringing up Kiara)


It is interesting how the body takes care of itself. Now that I have come to terms with the fact that I actually do have cancer...it is as if I can feel the pain much better. How do I explain this?

....it is as if I am giving the pain the space it deserves. The doctors tell me this is a normal reaction.

These days there are moments that the pain is excrutiating. I had no idea that it was this bad...but when I think about it...it has been this way for 2 years at least. I can not stand the pain now...but before...I was able to block it out mentally.

I believe that accepting the pain is part of focussing on what I need to do. I need to get better soon and be strong.

I guess they were right when they said: No pain, no gain.


Tomorrow I will visit an anesthesiologist about the pain.
My dear childhood friend Scott Shannon told me: "Pain is weakness leaving the body".

No comments: