27 May 2007

Pimp my palace

The end of the May holidays have arrived. Kiara came home this past Sunday and we are trying to get back into our routine. Monday was still a holiday and my brother and nephew decided to come over to fix my multi-media corner. My mother had arrived on Sunday night which triggered Aldith to come, which triggered Angélique and Hugo to come, which triggered my father to come. Before I knew it I had organized a partial family reunion! André and Melvin got my multi-media corner running which now provides me with dvd, video, cd, mp3, radio, television, and digital television. All with dolby surround sound. On top of that we cleared out all the acces junk (yes, sir, yes, sir...three bags full). My living room looks much larger now...I am very happy with this change! Can't wait for my sofa to arrive!
Anyway, this feels like the end of one episode and the beginning of a new one. Today I have my check-up on the operation, which I am certain went well.
The next two weeks will be concentrated on the radioactive treatment. I have several scans to go through and a lot of information to take in. The treatment will be on June 7. In the meantime I would like a definate answer about what to do about my back. Apparantly some hot-shot professor will be looking at my case today (another addition to my dream team). My situation is complex as we are not solely talking about the spine problem, but also have a pelvis to worry about. I have an incling about what advice I will receive. We will see.
To me it is of greater importance that my operation is moved back a month. Seeing as there was a fire in the VUmc (on the operation floor where I was treated), I take it that they are back-lagging on their itinerary anyway. Aren't I lucky!
I am off to the hospital in about an hours time. If I have enough time I will hunt down my cd-rom and make sure they load it into the system. Last week the orthopedic surgeon was not able to make an assesment as he could not acces my file.
I shall also ask for my own copy to avoid this problem in the future.

No comments: