13 May 2007

Mother's day


Today is mother's day. What a feast it is! To Kiara this has always been the most significant day of the year excluding her own birthday and since she was 4 years old she would go shopping for a present using her own pocket money. Kiara I might add has miserly tendencies, so in doing this for me she is truely showing her deapest love.
Yesterday, Aldith and Kiara had plans to go to town.
She was picked up at about 11.00 and they left for lunch and more. There was quite a bit of secrecy...and Kiara was returned at 16.00 hours.
This morning when we woke up, Kiara sent me on a present hunt. She had hidden 3 presents for me in her bedroom.
1) A beautifully bound notebook to write down all my thoughts.
2) A mini movie in honour of me. (Made by Kiara and Aldith)
3) A selfmade coaster and a song.
I watched the mini movie 15 times.
She brought me breakfast and a drink. Wow! Talk about being spoilt!
Later on Tineke came over with a mother's day brunch. We ate croissants, strawberry's and cake.

Mother's day is important to me this year. I am only too aware of my own mortality. A celebration of life should be found at every possible occasion.

No comments: