29 September 2007

Postponed Party

The princess' party was postponed, as when parents become patients the party is sure to be pooped. 21 july became 29 september, but we made it in the end! And that's what counts.

10 kids, a party of mostly boys, and 3 adults (my aunt Tirza, Gert-Jan and myself)headed for Snowworld in Zoetermeer for a snowboard party. Well call it a very expensive boarding arrangement as except for the lesson and the food there was not much entertaining or guidance on their end.

One wrong turn on the way there and putting on their boots took up so much time that half of their lesson was wasted. Snowworld is extremely commercial and not flexible at all. Even though there was no lesson after Kiara's, it was not possible to extend the lesson.

Fortunately Gert-Jan came to the rescue as he lead the troopers through the artificial snow, up the mound to come gliding down as original pro's. Check out my girl, she's looking pretty hot!

As for me, well I made it. A drive of an hour there and back. I'm improving every week. And happy to be able to do this.




Only a while back I could not have even know that I would even walk again. I believe that that was less than 2 months ago.

Anyway, I am happy that this party actually did take place in the end as Kiara did not want to go ahead with it with me in the hospital. I have to say that despite the rugged choice of activities Kiara picks her friends well. Our boys and girls were all very well mannered and civilized! Who's complaining about our youth?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fly, Sister Bird
Way up in the sky, Sister Bird
Let your wings grow strong again
And your song be heard

Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Super Aïsha, super, super, super

Pensées et tendresse de Julie et Vincent d'Arnhem