19 September 2007

Autumn sets in...a new life begins

After a Spring and Summer of pests and illness,
(Or of the disease which takes men in the dark, or of the destruction which makes waste when the sun is high. Bible in Basic English) Autumn emerges filled with a promise of life.


Only a week ago I struggled to find faith. Faith in the fact that I will indeed live longer.

Between the Grim Reaper, the nearly apparition of H.I.M. Emperor Haile Selassie I and my rodent infested home whom did not make life easy, it was not hard to keep the faith and fight for my life. Once you manage to arise from the maelstrom of negativity, you suddenly wake up with the World lying at your feet.

There is a fear of picking up opportunities, but also the opportunities themselfs seem to have morphed into new ones. Subsequently, there is only one way to take those opportunities and use them to your benefit. The key is having faith. As we can not buy faith at the corner store it is up to an individual to figure out where to find it. In some cases it is given to us. Whatever religion or non religion you have, faith is always a matter of believing.

The choice I made on April 17, 2007, just after I heard that I had cancer, was a choice to live. It is that choice that saved my life. In order to live, one must have faith and when you loose it, ask others to help you find it again.





"Luctor et emergo"

Job 5:22 "You will laugh at violence and famine, And you will not be afraid of wild beasts".
Psalm 91:10 "No evil will befall you, Nor will any plague come near your tent". (NASB ©1995)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This I know; Your courage and fighting spirit have made my admiration for you boundless. Your beauty takes my breath away! a3n