17 July 2008

Pear-size to grape-size

It's been a tiring week. I practically slept all weekend. I certainly needed that. Monday was the last day of the series of radiation therapy. The tumor seems to have reduced from a pear-size lump to a grape-size nodule. This is excellent news. Especially
as I am entering a new fase of treatments. Friday I got the bad news that the uptake of the Iodine submitted during treatment is deminishing. Normally this is supposed to be bad news. Taking all factors into account, we believe that the bad news is relative. It does offer me a chance to start with a new programme. I will be seeing Dr. Jan Smit of the LUMC (Leiden University Medical Centre) later this month. He is working on experimental treatment, a medication which is supposed to boost the Iodine treatment. Frankly I still feel like I am getting better all the time. I am happy to examine newer treatments though.


As I try to rest a little, Kiara has started a course in Sailing with her two friends Bo and Dilara. Luckily they are having heaps of fun! More news later this week.




No comments: