29 May 2008

Looking for sponsors

Being slightly deranged I have set myself an almost impossible target. As I have been training to enhance my fitness, I thought it would be a real achievement if I could walk the yearly Avondvierdaagse, a 4 evening hike of 5 kms (in my case) in the county of Hilversum.
I signed on just to see how far I can reach.

I will be walking with Kiara's school and have made a deal with Marcus, that if I don't manage to finish a walk, he will come and fetch me. It is possible to just walk the walk, but it is also possible to get a medal if you finish the entire hike. I have chosen the latter. I swear that if I do win the medal, I will wear it for an entire week!

Seeing as I thought that I might not walk again only a year ago, I thought that it might be a nice idea to get sponsored. The money I earn will be donated to the Trappenberg as they taught me how to walk again.

So here is how it works: If you are willing to sponsor me, send me an
e-mail at sisterbird@planet.nl. Each evening will count as one lap. Decide what you are willing to sponsor for each lap. I will be walking 4 laps. Next week Friday I will mention what I have achieved. You will then know how much you owe me. I will send you details of my account so that you can send me your donation. As soon as I have collected all my sponsorship money I will write out a check to the Friends of the Trappenberg and personally deliver it. An account of this delivery will be made right here, so watch this space and please be generous!

No comments: