24 May 2008

The day after

I went for radiation therapy yesterday. It was a busy morning as Kiara had show and tell at school. I had to make photocopies of her presentation first, then I went to hydrotherapy. Afterwards I headed to school to help Kiara out with her presentation. She scored an 8,5 out of 9 which I was rather happy about. She had put a lot of effort into it. Straight after her presentation I went home to grab my stuff for the hospital. Marcus drove me there, and I have to say that I was very nervous. Nervous, because I am not too enthusiastic about the accuracy of the department. I was therefore worried that they might make mistakes. Marcus stood by my and made sure that my grid marks corresponded to the machines. My shoulder and rib were beamed. We had ice-cream on our way back which was delicious. By the time I got home I was in pain. The pain including a stiff neck continued to increase during the evening and hit a climax at about 01.00 am. I was alone and it was easy to panic. The pain I can handle, but what it signifies is litterally killing. A time like that makes you think about your prospectives, the trouble is, I can not really do that. Lost of sleep and pushing my thoughts away has resulted in me feeling better today.

No comments: