08 November 2007

Thrilled therapists

So, my interview on public television aired on Wednesday evening. (I see the link only works temporarily. To view the item go to www.uitzendinggemist.nl and find Sterren in de Zorg, then look for 7 november to play.) I managed to miss it as I had more important matters to tend to. Later that night I already received a few positive reactions. I also heard that they hadn't been able to resist the fact that I am Aldith's sister, a matter I will respond to.
The power of TV is incredible. As I went to rehab on Thursday, I had expected some comments from the workers there, but everybody and I mean everybody had seen the show. My intention to participate was to help the Trappenberg promote themselves on one hand and on the other hand I wanted to represent my fellow patients. Apparantly people were impressed about what I had said and explained. Whether the item made it clear what ergo therapists do is another matter. I know that I explained that too, but we can not have the patient explain this all if the presenter forgets to, right? So, for one day I was the TV star. I have been on TV before, but this time I had a message to bring. The medium is powerful as far as exposure goes. Talking to the other patients it was great to see that most people are not that superficial. Them being my peers made them think about the information given in the item. They were critical to the makers. Why is it that the media think that they have to cater to dummies. It is such an arrogant attitude. It also leads to lower quality standards.

No comments: