23 September 2009

Lots to do again

Back from Stockholm it has been pretty chaotic. Monday morning I was right back at the Trappenberg. A little while ago I was mentioning that the doctor at the Trappenberg was getting ready to release me and that I was against it....well, ...my original goal was to be able to walk without crutches. They said that was an unrealistic goal in the beginning. Now that I've gotten past the arm/shoulder problem, they have focussed on relaxing my muscles in my back, the bone in my hipjoint is healing, I am feeling much stronger. My physical therapist decided to put my goal to the test. The good news is that she has applied for an extension of my stay as she believes that my goal can be achieved! Yes! I will remain at the Trappenberg until at least mid November. It was a busy week and I did not get much time to rest from Stockholm. Kiara had practice sessions that week and I had to get her there. I also had a meeting with Dr. Lips who was able to tell me that the last head and torso scans were excellent, showing no decline in my status.

Saturday I took a tiny break from things that I have to do and had lunch in Laren with my friends Tineke and Kirsten. It was a formal lunch with formidable weather. I had to dash away as I had to make my way over to Kiara's first try-out.
I met my mother and father in Zwolle (More than 1 hour from Hilversum). We had a lovely dinner in a very nice restaurant which we thought was the theater. There appeared to be 2 theaters, so we ended up arriving there in the nick of time. Kiara did a wonderful job on stage, playing Justice, Nelson Mandela's cousin.(The child version). She will be playing all over the country on various stage. She sang beautifully and made almost no mistakes. Not bad at all for a first time on stage in front of 900 people. She really seemed to be enjoying it, which she later confirmed. Kiara also played the role of a little boy in the mob. My instinct got to my sentiment when I saw her being shot dead with a riffle. I wish she had told me in advance! It totally shocked me. She played a very convincing dead person. A little musical star is born. I must say....the other kid were fantastic too. But permit me to dote a little!


2 comments:

Jocie Z ROCK said...

kiara is our little superstar and i wonder who she take after? hmm such a tough riddle!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes... I remember Aisha made a pretty good Japanese geisha once...

;-D

Aldith