04 February 2009

Rachelle's wedding

Last Friday was a really busy day. Not only did I have radiation therapy, but my friend Rachelle got married. That meant two rides to Amsterdam, but it was really worth it. Luckily, I did not feel the pain in my arm until that evening. Rachelle and I go way back 23 years. And actually more.

Our families have been entwined for two generations, as her father was friends with my uncles. I met Rachelle after high school at college. We both studied physical therapy for a year and then went off to do something else. We have been in touch for all those years and I was actually with her when she met Remco. That gave me the very special position of being witness to her wedding. There was no way that I was going to miss that.

It was a fun day and we met many nice people. Not to mention the food which was delicious. We didn't make it to the party as I was pooped by nine which I had expected any way. We made our way home and I went to bed quickly.
The next morning we were up early because Collin had signed up for Holland's got talent. The auditions were at Blue Circle in Hilversum so he spent the night here. We were there at nine in the morning. We had to wait in the freezing cold, but luckily once we got inside we knew that this was not in vain. Collin's was the second act to try out. And he was also the first to get through the auditions. I am so glad I told him to combine his BMX Flatland tricks with his human beatbox act. That would increase the jury's attention span. Pretty soon, probably February the 19th, he will be off to the next appearance at the Gooiland theater. By 10.30 we were home again. I was happy to hit bed immediately. I think I stayed there the rest of the day.
Time to relax!
Also click this pic!

No comments: