20 February 2009

Memory Lane


With the upcoming surgery and all, there is the realization that things might not be the same afterwards. I have stolen the month of March to take a trip down memory lane. There's places to go and people to meet. I made a headstart this week by dining and lunching with old friends. Tineke and I had a Japanese dinner on Tuesday, finally a one on one. Tineke and I go back 22 years, she is a sturdy given in my adult life. We talked about the latest developments and much more. When our bellies were filled we topped them off with coffee and applecake at Le Grand Café, which we used to frequent when we were young student. The interior has totally changed for the worse. We much preferred the mint coloured walls and art deco style which they had before. It's a strange idea to reallize that we used to spend hours there 20 years ago.

Wednesday afternoon I had a brief lunch with John. It was great to hear that the kids are now grown and independant and that Marij is doing great business. Afterward I drove past my first appartment on my way back to my parents.


At night something really special awaited me. Frank had organized an evening for me to meet up with all my friends from when I had just moved to the Netherlands. (Frank, Bernadette, Birgit, Ronald, Lydia, Theo, Marjan, Peter) This pack of wonderful people were truely significant in my young adult life.
It is interesting how I have kept in touch with almost all of them! 9 of us got together and had a meal across from De Pomp, and just down the road from
the 'Small World' Café where we originally met. It was a fabulous evening. I have a lot more reunions planned, Like a Rosemead reunion and an ACST reunion...I can keep going on and on..... Oh well, anything to keep a girl away from the OR.
Lying in the depths of your imagination
Worlds above and worlds below
The sun shines on the black clouds hanging over the domain
Even when youre feeling warm
The temperature could drop away
Like four seasons in one day
Smiling as the shit comes down
You can tell a man from what he has to say
Everything gets turned around
And I will risk my neck again, again
You can take me where you will
Up the creek and through the mill
All the things you cant explain
Four seasons in one day
Blood dries up
Like rain, like rain
Fills my cup
Like four seasons in one day
It doesnt pay to make predictions
Sleeping on an unmade bed
Finding out wherever there is comfort there is pain
Only one step away
Like four seasons in one day
Blood dries up
Like rain, like rain
Fills my cup
Like four seasons in one day
Crowded House

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wat was het gezellig! Moeten heel snel weer doen enne... hou van je, je bent echt een tough cookie! Kus Bette M