22 August 2007

You talk too much

This morning at physical therapy my fitness apparatus talked back at me. I had my first half an hour of fitness on apparatus somewhat like in the picture. (Do notice this man is old! Pfff! And this is advertising material. It does not feel right to be using this apparatus as I am obviously not part of their target group.) Talkative as I am I was conversing with my therapist when suddenly my machine told me to stop talking!
My therapist was totally suprised. She had never seen this happen before. I carried on my exercise and once again I was told to stop talking!
I have always had a loud voice and suggested to her that the machine must be voice activated and that the wave length of my voice is at a pitch which triggers the machine. She checked the booklet and indeed; the machine was voice activated. (A special function for people who are unable to turn off the machine by hand).

At the Escola Americana do Recifé (Kindergaren through 2nd grade) I had the honour of being the school bell's substitute. I was given a voice which I should use for singing....another one of those things I should pursue more in my future life!

Apart from all this excitement, I was visited by Kiara, Mom, Marcus and Theo Prinsen (whom, to my suprise, I already know for 15 years). Feeling happy here and making huge strides. Tomorrow I have a busy day with 7 sets of therapy. I suppose they took me seriously when I said I intended to get out of here in 3 weeks time. We shall see!!!!

No comments: