09 October 2007

RPB

I'm still at the Trappenberg, though I have to admit that this is a picture from before. On a weekly basis I go there 3 days a week to continue my rehabilitation. It is tough but I could get used to a life like this, athletes have it great as each progress you make feels like something to party for! I had my RPB -Revalidatieplan bespreking (a evaluation for my Rehab-plan) yesterday. The goal is to see if we are on track and to see how well I am progressing. They are very satisfied with my progress, and then comes the question of how much longer they will have me.
It is of utmost importance to me to be able to continue at the Trappenberg for as long as possible. As I am a prize patient, I feel I deserve prize treatment, as long as I am still improving.
The doctor tried to find out what I was thinking in matter of the duration of my stay, I kept my lips sealed as to not give anything away, because I was hoping that he would suggest a longer period than I had in mind. He knew which game I was playing and had to cough up a suggestion. I have been given 5 to 6 more weeks of rehab before re-evaluating my position. Every day of therapy is a gift, as it sure makes a huge difference whether a specialized team is treating you rather than a few individual therapists, which would be the next step. Today I have a tough day ahead filled with physical-, activity-, and hydrotherapy as well as fitness and sports. Luckily I have a day off tomorrow.

No comments: