05 October 2007

Parking problems

I have been informing you about the many peaks in my life, recently. Then there's the more practical side, like getting an invalid parking pass. This is quite essential in order to increase my
QoL, as much energy is lost in walking to and from my car, when I finally manage to get out. Actually, the truth is that if I cannot park close by, some social events will not be accessible to me in the near future.

So, I applied for a pass which for some reason takes weeks and weeks before you are called in for a doctor's test.
The rules in the papers for the request from my own municipality stipulate that the applicant must not be able to walk 100 meters without aid. I geared my interview at those specifications, as some days I can walk the 100 meters and others I can not. After telling him what my reason for the application was, he told me he would advise the municipality to give me the card but that I should keep in mind that the Dutch law stipulates that I can't walk 100 meters with aid.

So why is there a discrepantie in the rules? This is so typical! I am not sure what they will decide...but whatever the case, I can't imagine anyone paying 90 euros for an application just for the sake of it! I can now go ahead and wait another 8 weeks (to the max) for an answer. Why is it that a simple administrative task takes 8 weeks to complete? No wonder all workers in this country are stressed out. I would be too if I back-lagged in my work by 2 months.

No comments: