15 October 2007

Home improvement

Today, I had my first sleep-in in jonks. Then around one o'clock my friend Hugo came to visit. It was a lazy afternoon chit-chatting away on the sofa about life matters, from one survivor to another. We chatted about life before and after a life-threatening illness and many other interesting matters. The laziness came to a hault when we, or rather Hugo, embarked on a home improvement project. The project was so huge that I cannot get it in one picture. My CD cabinets have been assembled thus almost completing my sitting area. I will be living like a pasha next.

As you can see, Hugo worked profusely to get the job done. I tried to help by preparing the windows with some new-fangled film which was way too expensive. The idea being that I can no longer see the zillion colours of the backs of my cd's. I am really satisfied at the end result but horrified at the amount of film I managed to waste. How frustrating it is when you can't do a project by yourself and when you get the help necessary, you cannot concentrate sufficiently to get the part done which you ARE able to do. I think I have to conclude that perhaps I was being way too perfectionistic, because after I messed up all of the film, I ended up using the first cuts after all. They looked fine in the cabinets.

Anyway, as I do project by project, my house that is bursting at the seams, is gradually being pimped to be a palace for Her Majesty Bird, the lady of the manor. Tomorrow my friend Nanette is coming to help me move things up to my spare room again, so I can have my office there as I always used to and reclaim my dining room table for entertainment and meals. It is not easy being dependant on others. There are so many projects left, like project CD transfer, project attic enablement, project shifting autumn leaves, project filing cabinets, project paint job....eventually I will get there.


Gee, but it's great to be back home

Home is where I want to be

I've been on the road so long my friend

And if you came along

I know you couldn't disagree

Simon and Garfunkel