14 October 2007

Confinement ceased

When Sunday morning came to an end the phone rang in my sweet radioactive suite. It was gone 11 and the nurse said that it was time to measure my radioactivity. Last time they let me go at 24 (on the Geiger counter) when the should have waited for 22 I seem to recall, but seeing as I was admitted later than the last time I had expected to be let free no earlier than 15.30. To my suprise she measured a radioactivity of 11. I was allowed to go home early which kinda messed up my transportation, but after a few alterations I was on my way home, on probably one of the last sunny sundays this year. My stay was different from the last time. The pressure to get over the cancer was much higher than now, but on the other hand, I can certainly notice how much healthier I am now. This time around I slept on a bed. The mattress was too thin though I was in pain on Friday night. So, on saturday I requested them to put an extra one in the sluice. I managed to move it myself. Go, power chick!
This time around I was able to bear television which made a huge difference, as time passed by much faster. On the 18th I will have my next scan to see how the uptake was. And in approximatly 6 weeks time we will check the Thyroglobulin. It feels great to be back home.

No comments: