31 October 2007

Autumn apathy



Yes, that it correct! This is me driving to the Trappenberg for rehab. (I had my test last Friday and am allowed to drive again. Yeehaw!). The sun is shining on the Autumn leaves and the sky is blue with the crispness of an approaching winter. It was winter when I first fell ill in February and time has passed in a jiffy. It was 9 months ago that life changed for Kiara as her mother lay flat on her back and it's been more than six months that the World also turned upside down. How swiftly time passes when you are in a survival mode. Right now I have landed in nowhere land a place beyond invalidity and not quite approaching normal life. I find myself wanting to do virtually nothing. I am tired of fighting and unmotivated to pick up the tasks that await me around the house. I am partly just too tired and the other thing is that I know that the tasks have become much harder than they used to be. After a week of rest, after my last treatment, I just find it hard to pick up the pace again. A general state of apathy, also the reason for not having written much this week.

Now don't think I am giving up, because that is certainly not the case. But I do feel I deserve a small break as life still carries on. In two weeks time we will be taking a short trip to Washington DC where we will be staying with Jocelyn, Matt and Zara. Jocelyn is my long time friend since 2nd grade! It will be great to get out of our immediate environment. Hopefully Kiara will feel much better afterwards as she is having some anxiety problems right now.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.
Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?
The Wizard of OZ
music by Harold Arlen and lyrics by E.Y. Harburg

1 comment:

dr.Suriname said...

Hai tante aisha, ben dochter van Solita, beterschap en sterkte.
Ik volg de ontwikkelingen op de voeten.