21 October 2007

Capoeirista Carinoza

Kiara strikes again as it is her second year running that she practices Capoeira, a Brazilian martial art. Today was D-day as it was time for her examination again after another year of lessons by Urso.

At the rythmic beat of drums and other percussion instruments, adorned with the chant of 100 odd pupils of the Balança school Kiara did her thing (click to watch the footage) and percevered. She is now the proud owner of her yellow and white cord.

Aldith drove us there. We were late because of the Amsterdam Marathon, what a place to have a Marathon! It caused a major traffic jam. Perhaps her uncle Hugo was running...?

Happy to have made it there in the end!

I on the other hand am so tired. After a week of rest it was very tiring . This week I go back to the Trappenberg and I have a few hospital visits too. I don't look forward to the hard work again. Pfff, it's a long haul!
By the way, it was me attempting to practice Capoeira that exposed my cancer in the first place. I broke my back. The beginning of this episode. Little did I know.


Carinoza, Kiara's capoeira nick name.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Aisha,

Yes, uncle Hugo was running (new personal record om the half marathon). But it seems to me you think they shouldn't organise a marathon in Amsterdam? On behalf of my fellow-runners and me: our apologies for the inconvenience.

Uncle Hugo

Aisha said...

You go, Uncle Hugo! And eh....apology accepted!