26 December 2010

Buurtzorg

I can't help it but blood is thicker than wine. The only reason why I can stay home to be nursed is because Mom and Melvin are here and because I have a professional team of home nurses looking after me. The regular nusing companies are a disaster, but I have found one called Buurtzorg with a modern concept that works really well. Buurtzorg has small clusters of office units around the country. The clusters are made up of nurses, each one of them a freelancer with the full responsibility for clients from beginning to end. They cut a lot of red tape, saving time and attention for better care for their clients.
A Dutch news programme made an item about them and Buurtzorg asked me to participate. I did! And all of this in a week in which I really wasn't feeling well at all.

Though at first I had the impression that the item was going to be a diluted message, I have to honestly say that Buurtzorg looked pretty good on TV. It was fun to be involved in PR and Communications again.

Chech this out:

Nieuwsuur, Thursday 23 Dec 2010. Start watching at 15'50".

Get Microsoft Silverlight
Bekijk de video in andere formaten.

3 comments:

Elsje said...

Het was een goed item, vooral ook de enorm zure reactie van die reguliere thuiszorgdirecteur ;-)
Je lag er prachtig bij.

Petra said...

Lieve Aisha,

Ik ben ook gezegend met Buurtzorg. Al vanaf eind mei toen ik de biopt had gekregen en al niet meer goed mobiel werd. Hier in Wijdemeren waren de huisartsen de reguliere Thuiszorg spuugzat en vanaf februari dit jaar zijn ze in zee gegaan met ze. Zoals ik al eerder zei, wat een zegen, wat een geluk, wat een geweldige zusters. Ze verdienen van mij een lintje. Hoewel, nu de douche klaar is en ik me dus nu redelijk goed kan behelpen blijven ze 2x per week komen voor een vinger aan de pols. En dan ruimen ze ook nog even mijn afwasmachine leeg of zetten lekker een kopje thee of koffie.
Wat is het toch bijzonder, dat zult jij als geen ander herkennen, dat je door hele fijne bijzondere mensen omringd wordt. Wat een prachtige zielen er op deze aarde rondlopen. Ik noem ze mijn juweeltjes (my gems)! En wat een engel is Kiara, wat een prachtige vrouw zal daar uit groeien.
Ik heb nog niet naar je filmpje gekeken maar dat ga ik zo doen.
Een dikke omhelzing en liefs Peet

Jocie Z ROCK said...

Omg. Seriously can't wait to watch thus when I fly home on friday unless the 4 inches of expected snow really delay me. Aisha this is amazing. The news the media the world always needs you. So cool. Only you girl