03 December 2009

Results!















A trip to Dr. Lips has saved you from a rather nasty entry concerning my new oncologist!

It's a good thing that positive news can overshadow annoying experiences.

But here is the great news:
It is very likely that my chemotherapy is working. I received my bloodwork of the first month that I was on the Nexavar. My Thyroglobin levels have decrease from approximately 4500 (on Thyrax) to 3500 (on Thyrax). This is a significant amount after just 3 weeks treatment! The chance that this drop is caused by something else is very unlikely as I had no other treatment during that time. I thought that I would have to wait until January for some results, but this is going to be ONE MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2 comments:

TOG said...

Heel blij met dit goede nieuws - deze week is een oude (als in lange tijd, niet leeftijd)vriend plotseling overleden, dus ik kon wel wat goed nieuws gebruiken :) Keep it up girl!

Jocelyn Zarr '86 said...

OMIGOSH GIRL, this sounds like good news after your previous news and the colonoscopie, i was blown away by ready your blog today, bless you girl