31 October 2008

In a muddle

A very short entry today as it is extremely late! I will be in the hospital as of tomorrow for my next Iodine treatment. Coming back from Jamaica was very hectic with Kiara's baptism on Saturday and Capoeira exam on Sunday.

Monday I was back into radiation therapy for my shoulders which seems to be catching on, and the rest of the week was spent preparing for tomorrow when I have my next Iodine treatment. It has been crazily busy, but next week I will have time to catch up on all kinds of details in my blog section.

Most importantly, I am back, linked up with technology again as I had to change my account, receive a new modem and hook up again. It is incredible how much we do with the internet. That alone was a huge handicap.

Some great news today, I will be getting an extention for the period in which I am granted a parking pass for the disabled, offering me another 4 years at least of actually leading an active social life.
I feel pretty sick with all these pre-admittance hormones, but am trying to think of Sunday when all is over. This time around I am taking the Iodine free diet very seriously. I hope it helps. As far as further treatment, I have made plans with Dr. Van Triest to actively target the remainder of the tumors. I feel like I am doing quite well. I have also had a meeting with the Rehabilitation Doctor, Ten Hengel and am welcome to come back to train my shoulders when we get this round of treatment behind us. Anyway, I sound erratic, so it is time to get some shut-eye. I will try to catch up with information on here by writing an entry every day next week.
For now, my admittance in the VU hospital is from tomorrow (Friday) through Sunday.
While at the VU hospital I can be reached at the following number:
+31 (0)20 795 51 90

No comments: