18 December 2007

The turning-point

It is right now that I am at a crucial turning point. This is where I either do, or don't resume my regular life. On Thursday I made my second visit to PwC.

My co-workers make it easier for me to go back. The major hurdle is energy management. It is increadible how 2 hours of listening can just blow the energy out of you. A good thing to experience, so that I will know what to look out for when I start to work again.

Many things at home are finally starting to come together. I have received my parking pass, for instance. Wednesday I went to the Harting Bank to have my new wheelchair adjusted. Whilst waiting for my new purple Quickie 2, Kiara had great fun testing all the different scootmobiles. She even checked the prices to see if you could afford the little infant one. "Oh what fun, it is to ride in a three-wheeled open sleigh"! Incidently, my scootmobile arrived today!

In the weekend I did normal stuff...like other people do. I managed to do my Christmas shopping and had an appointment with Tilly to go to the Pub.

Early in the evening I did not know how I was going to get through one hour...but by the end of the evening (it was really late) I still felt very comfortable there. I slept in on Sunday and seemed to be alright. Kiara was away at her father's house. On Sunday evening Marcus and I went out for dinner.








It was a great meal and we had heaps of fun. All in all I had a pretty normal weekend, and managed it all.
Today I had my meeting with my doctor. We will be starting to reduce the amount of therapy sessions soon and as he put it: "It is time that you start to retrieve yourself from this organization and start to pick up your regular life again, slowly".

The end of my rehab has been postponed for at least another month...and then I will gradually pick-up where I left off in February 2007.

No comments: