28 June 2009

Progression

I have been back at the Trappenberg for 2 weeks now. I dived right into a strict programme to rehabilitate. The programme consists of physical therapy, hydro therapy and activity therapy (I do my painting there). The pain is horrifying but it feels much better knowing that is getting me somewhere. I have noticed changes like being able to put on me D.O. without and being able to lift my on arms or being able to sit up half of the day. I've been pretty busy working on getting my things in order at home during the occasional lost moment. My mother who is still here with me has been priceless as usual, working through my jobs with me. I do the jobs lying down or in brief periods sitting down. It is really rewarding when I manage.
Getting to and from the Trappenberg has proved to be less trying than I imagined. I drive myself, which seems to be OK for short trips. I have decided to get tested by the driving authorities to ensure couvarage of my insurance. Will be sending out my application sometime this week.
I am also slowly starting to find time to sociallize again. Ineke came by, and last Saturday Tineke treated my mother and I to Sushi. Today I even went to Bo's birthday. I am also managing to do the odd errand in town. All in all, I am moving towards a normal existance again.