17 June 2008

Trappenberg sponsored


After a weekend of treatment and an extra day of nerve-wracking hospital visits I closed yesterday off with a visit to De Vrienden van de Trappenberg in order to hand over the procedes from my sponsored walk. Thank you everybody who supported me. Most of the money has already been received by me, but I believe that I have been moving too quickly for some of you. Do know that your donation will still be welcome and that I have an agreement with the Trappenberg to donate the remainder a little later. As it is I have already donated € 520,- which will infact be used for internet and computer facilities in the Trappenberg, which was my request as I experienced that internet is a perfect way to keep in touch with home and friends. I was late arriving at the Trappenberg, due to heavy traffic and late doctors, but I managed to walk into the building at about 8 o'clock instead of 19.45. It was a very warm welcome. After telling them a little bit about my story I handed over the money in an enveloppe. I was given a bouquet and we shook hands. It was a real thrill doing so and for just a small moment I was able to use my public speaking skills again. I still had the knack!

As far as my doctor's visits go, I will elaborate on that a little later. Today will be dedicated to physical therapy and work, this time from home regarding my radioactiveness.