02 June 2008

Day 1 of the hike


Let me start by saying that I am overwhelmed by the response regarding the sponsorship. Tonight was the first part of a sequence of 4 evenings. I am therefore most pleased that my personal Via Dolorosa will pay off in the end. Thank you for your support!

The first lap is behind us and guess what I made it! It was actually very tough as I had pain varying from an aching toe to a throbbing molar. I suppose that neurologically all of this makes sense. The first 4 kms were OK but the last one was the hardest. I was happy to be able to make my way back home.

Half way through the hike we stopped for refreshments near 't bluk, just before the last part on the heath. Suddenly a thunder storm emerged and we were summoned by the Police to go back the same way we came totalling 5 kms. The mind is a wonderful instrument. Who would have thought I would be in this position a year ago! I was knackered but I already seem to be recovering. Tomorrow should be the hardest day as I will be working beforehand. Getting to and from the starting area was really easy with my scootmobile. Normally I would have had to walk quite a way to the cars. So, here's a little biligual video fragment for all you supporters out there.
By the way, if you haven't gotten around to sponsoring me, you can still do so by sending me and e-mail with your details.
'Climb every mountain, search high and low
Follow every by way, every path you know
Climb every mountain, ford every stream
Follow every rainbow, till you find your dream
A dream that will need, all the love you can give
Everyday of your life, for as long as you live
Climb every mountain, ford every stream
Follow every rainbow, till you find your dream
A dream that will need, all the love you can give
Everyday of your life, for as long as you live
Climb every mountain, ford every stream
Follow every rainbow, till you find your... dream...'


No comments: