01 June 2008

Dizzy by Dazzlement

It has been an eventful weekend starting on Thursday when I attended the yearly Viva la Donna day at Soul Essentials in Almere. Viva la Donna is a foundation set up for women who have or have had cancer. On this particular day it is possible to get beauty treatments for free. I enrolled in Almere as they had a whole day planned rather than just a haircut or a massage. 30 women with cancer assembled there. I even met an ex patient of Tineke, my friend there. It was very confrontational but also a good experience in the sence that it was interesting to hear that everyone runs into the incompetance of the medical world. Hello to my new readers, all you ladies with breast cancer! It was an honour to be amongst such strong women.

Once again, I was the only one with Thyroid cancer. I also believe that my cancer was the most progressed one there, though I am not sure about that. I had a hotstone massage and a facial. That was a great treat! Friday I had to go into the hospital for a scan of my head. Finally! The scan showed growth which was no suprise to me. Now all of a sudden Lips realizes that something needs to be done quickly. It aggrevated me but I kept my lips sealed....for now. I also pushed them to make an appointment for the iodine treatment which somewhere along the line had been forgotten. I am now scheduled for the 13th of June.

The scan has left me dizzy. As I made my way to Zevenaar, I reallized that I was going to be very tired in this weekend. Instead of spending my evenings going out with old friends, I stuck to my parents home and visited Tineke and Frank in the afternoon. Sunday afternoon my sister Angelique and her husband Hugo joined us. The weekend flew by. Luckily the dizziness is starting to decrease. I think it was the magnetic resonance that moved things around in my head. It's not amuzing at all. Moments like that can be frightening. This week, more news on my head, and tonight is the start of the Avondvierdaagse!

No comments: