04 June 2008

Day 3 of the hike

It is day 3 now and I have just finished the 3rd part of the hike bringing me up to a total of 15 km already. We all know that it is much more already but this is what the officials say. It was a badly organised day and the groups started to mix which was much less fun to walk. We just stuck by our pace and gradually made it to the finish. I have noticed how people just can not get their brains around the fact that I use my wheelchair at times but that I can also do this. All I can say is that it would certainly not be wise to do this too often. As my physical therapist says, scoring at this level can be compared to top sporting. Basically, I can view my medal as an Olympic medal. I have always wanted to have the capacity to be an athleet. What a suprising way to achieve that! What I feel mostly is the acid in my thighs. That is a good sign as it means that my scaffolding in my back is holding up pretty well. Once more I have uploaded a little film for you guys. As you can see I am getting more and more tired, so I am happy to be doing the last lap tomorrow. Today was easier than yesterday. Tomorrow there will also be drum and bugle corps walking the hike. Somehow the rythm of the music makes it easier to walk. I should manage to finish all 4 laps, unless I have problems tomorrow. I will keep you posted. Incidently....sponsors are still welcome.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: