27 April 2010

Tears and disappointment

Today my dream fell into pieces. As most of you know, I had a trip planned to Brazil. It has been my wish to go back there for the last 30 years. I had booked this wonderful trip en 6 of us were going to go next Monday. The doctor had already given his OK...

I was supposed to go in for the embolisation yesterday but the hospital messed up and gave me the wrong time. I did not have the operation yet and am still at home. I will be going in on Wednesday instead. I was really angry about the whole thing because it took careful planning to get everything done.

I had spent the day cancelling the original trip because it was a trip of 22 hours where I couldn't lie down. I had tried to upgrade my ticket to business class but the plane was full. After alot of hard work I found another trip with TAP airlines and we were ready to book the new trip of 12 hours with a possibility to recline. Then Lips called. I mentioned to him that I wasn't feeling as strong as I hoped to. I haven't managed to mobilise and the loss of feeling seems to be worse. Also...the Dexamethason is making me bloat. He then told me that he had talked to Dr. van Triest and that they decided that 12 hours would be much to long for me to travel. He is worried about if something happens on the way, that it would take a total of 24 hours to be back. He has given me permission to fly no longer than 4 to 5 hours.

My dream just came to a crash. Only 10 minutes ago had I told Kiara that we were definately going to Brazil. I am so disappointed....and worried that maybe in the future I won't be able to travel long distance. Travelling is my joie de vivre. I have always made it my priorty to see and discover the World.
Let's hope that this is just a temporary thing. I so hate to disappoint Kiara and Jermaine as well. Kiara took it like a champ and concentrated on her new semi-professional camera. I love her for wanting to console me. It was also her dream.

I am now going in on Wednesday for the embolisation. I will have a neurologist size me up again to see why my body is failing on me. If they say it is stable enough I will look for an alternative trip nearer by.

6 comments:

TOG said...

Wat vreselijk sneu! Ik zal duimen dat het er spoedig toch nog van zal komen!
Brassa, Tosca

Ledelay said...

Bah..... Balen en balen dat de afspraak verkeerd was... Maar toch niets is voor niets, misschien dient het een hoger doel en is dit beter? Xxxx

appelejan said...

There is only one comment in place here; IT SUCKS and in cases like this I ask myself sometimes wether al little bit stronheaded behaviour isn't the only way to cope with it. To not go with the flow but to ignore the advise and follow the dream. I surely would reconsider inaubedience this time. My opinion is that it 'll probably will get worse not better, and coping with the disapointment takes more energy, then travelling to brasil. I say go Aisha go. But who am I?

Bigg Sisss and Likkle Sisss said...

Lieve,lieve Schat,
Ik weet niet wat ik zeggen moet! Ik kan deze keer alleen met je meehuilen! Kus, Jenne

Unknown said...

Lieve lieve Aisha,
dagelijks lees ik je blog en nu weer zoveel nieuws in een dag... en het houdt maar niet op met tegenvallers... Bah! Ik blij met je meehopen (en af en toe meehuilen zoas de anderen hier ook al zeggen) en ik wil heel graag geloven in "everyting happens for a reason" maar als de everything daarin slecht is... hmm.. ik weet het niet.
Maar ik hoop dat je hier weer sterker uit komt en rijker en er gaan ook over een maand, over een half jaar, of over een jaar ook vliegtuigen naar Brazilië...
En als je nu weer uit het ziekenhuis komt en bent aangesterkt, kom je maar gewoon lekker naar New York. Als tussenstop! Da's een stuk minder lang vliegen en dan kun je hier een beetje bijkomen en wennen aan je jetlag en dan na een paar daagjes weer verder vliegen!
Ik wou dat ik van alles voor je kon doen maar vooralsnog stuur ik je héél veel goede vibes via dit medium!
Alle liefs voor jou en Kiara en ik blijf je volgen! Sterkte in het VU, ik denk aan je!
XX

Unknown said...

Lieve lieve Aisha,
dagelijks lees ik je blog en nu weer zoveel nieuws in een dag... en het houdt maar niet op met tegenvallers... Bah! Ik blij met je meehopen (en af en toe meehuilen zoas de anderen hier ook al zeggen) en ik wil heel graag geloven in "everyting happens for a reason" maar als de everything daarin slecht is... hmm.. ik weet het niet.
Maar ik hoop dat je hier weer sterker uit komt en rijker en er gaan ook over een maand, over een half jaar, of over een jaar ook vliegtuigen naar Brazilië...
En als je nu weer uit het ziekenhuis komt en bent aangesterkt, kom je maar gewoon lekker naar New York. Als tussenstop! Da's een stuk minder lang vliegen en dan kun je hier een beetje bijkomen en wennen aan je jetlag en dan na een paar daagjes weer verder vliegen!
Ik wou dat ik van alles voor je kon doen maar vooralsnog stuur ik je héél veel goede vibes via dit medium!
Alle liefs voor jou en Kiara en ik blijf je volgen! Sterkte in het VU, ik denk aan je!
XX