03 January 2008

and a Happy New Year!

After much deliberation Kiara and I decided to stay home for New Year's eve rather than going to friends. We had received two kind invitations, but I reallized that there was much to reflect on this year. Usually we go to friends on New Years eve, but this year Tineke was in France and it just seemed like it was time to create our own memories.

I pulled out the fondue pan and we had a splendid meal with veal, lamb and tiny pork sausages. I made the sauces myself, and there was way too much food. We listened to music and had fun conversation, we also called the family.

PwC always allows us to choose a Christmas gift. This year I went for the chocolate fountain, which was a marvelous combination with the fondue. It was Oh So Yummy!







After dinner we watched the show on television, hoping to win the lotery...oh well, I suppose that that is not quite my fate! And then, the final countdown to midnight.





Past 12 we went out to light our fireworks. It was the first time in ages...at least as long as Kiara could remember. Our friends (Ineke, Jermaine, Myriam, Sylvester, Jacqueline, Laura, Henk, Carla, Kim, Gert-Jan and Marc) Joined us in our celebration. I managed to pull an all-nighter....ugh...my poor back. It was worth it though!

No comments: