22 January 2008

Two chicks go Chinese

Last Friday I suprised Kiara with a visit to the Chinese restaurant in Laren. It is a restaurant with a very fine cuisine and Kiara is just simply crazy about their Har Kau. It was a fun night out! She is getting so much bigger and it is easy to have an enjoyable time with her. We decided to order something new, so

Kiara went for the shrimp and I went for the Squid.


We took our time and were there for at least 2,5 hours. Every once in an while Kiara would tekst message her grandmother.
We had LOLs. Obviously we were not able to finish it all. So I had them make a doggy-bag. I explained the doggy-bag principle to Kiara
, that it was not chic to say that the food was actually for yourself. When the waiter
arrived Kiara said..."
Please, Sir, can we have a doggy- bak..."(bak being the doggy's dish in Dutch). I was ready to explain the bak/bag thing when she finished her sentence; "...even though we do not have a dog". I did not know whether to feel embarassed or to laugh. I chose the latter which mounted up to huge hilarity. There was no booze involved, but I could have sworn she was drunk. We ended our meal with science fiction Lychees floating in a bowl of frozen Carbon Dioxide with hot water. A cute little gimmick that has made it to the restaurant scene.


















1 comment:

Jocelyn Zarr '86 said...

first of all .. i am starving looking at those deliecious platters of fantastic food! i wish i was there! it brought me memories of our chinese outing!!! HE HEE what a great group of photos; wish i was there to see enjoying yourselves so much! YOU all deserve it! xxxoo zara