08 January 2008

Protected Bird

My first day at work went fine. My team had a lunch scheduled, so I went an hour earlier. My colleagues wouldn't be my colleagues if they did not offer me a big welcome. Andrea had informed everyone of my arrival and my desk was decorated. I also received a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

How much was I able to do? Well...my computer wasn't working...what where we thinking??? So I spent the time I was there sorting out my files...only to reallize that most papers were ready for the bin. One hour and a paper bin later, we left for Dicky's restaurant for lunch. It was great speaking to everyone in an informal setting. After lunch it was time to go back home. I was very tired and ended up in bed by eight o'clock! It was good being back at work...but the trip seemed much longer than I remember. Crazy how the whole of Holland travels to and from work, sitting in traffic jams that drive you nuts. I am all for flexible jobs. I am positive that it would give the economy an impulse.

No comments: