26 December 2007

Comfort and joy

On Saturday I made my way to Zevenaar where my parents live. I have spent almost every Christmas with them. It is really special and a time for the family to gather together. Kiara was with Martin visiting his parents in the weekend. Unfortunately I had to drive to Utrecht and back on the Sunday which was really too much in the plan, resulting in back ache on monday. It just goes to show that 2 hours driving is just too much.

The bed in Zevenaar was also too hard, so I have been feeling more pain this week than I have been accustomed to the last couple of weeks. I thought I had brought enough medicines with me but when I got here I reallized that I had forgotten one of the blisterstrips on my diningroom table in Hilversum. Luckily, my pharmacy was able to fax the recipe to the pharmacy in Zevenaar.

Segal and Julia had already arrived from
Britanny when I arrived in Zevenaar. This year my sisters Adrienne, Angélique and Aldith are unable to make it. Melvin and his whole family were expected on Christmas day.
On Monday, Kiara and I drove to Emmerich, Germany (about 20 minutes aways) to get some typical German products. It was cold and wet. Kiara was tired and my back really hurt. We ended up quickly getting what we needed and made our way back to Zevenaar rather than taking a short walk along the Rhine.

Over the years Kiara has made friends with kids in my parents neighborhood. She played with them in the afternoon as I went to rest my back upstairs.
I realized that it is quite probable that Kiara will still meet up with them when she is 16 to go out in Zevenaar. The idea was quiet entertaining.


On Tuesday, Melvin came with his family. We celebrated Christmas by exchanging gifts and dining together. It was a lovely evening. Now I still have a few days left to meet my friends. I used to live here and have a few people I would like to see.
MY DEAR FAMILY:


No comments: