15 August 2009

Wognum part III

Martine, Kiara's friend joined us on Thursday. It was awfully nice of Bert and Annelies to drive her to Wognum. The kids spent the night on their own in one of the log cabins. Even though I was right next door, it seemed really adventurous to them. As for me, I had a really quiet evening. The kids even made their own breakfast and soon after left to play. They also tried to go swimming but were caught in a fluke hail storm and of course Kiara's phone had gone dead. Oh well, I trusted they were sensible enough to handle the situation, and they were. A little while later they came walking across the green. They made it back safely. That night I took the kids to Medemblik where the yearly fair was starting and we ended up eating in a very fancy restaurant. The kids shared a meal and I took my time enjoying my meal as they made their way around the fairground. My parents joined us on Friday so the girls, my mom and I went for refreshments in Hoorn. Martine stayed until Saturday as not to miss Kiara's 10th B'day party.

No comments: