05 August 2009

Wognum part II

When Jocelyn left the place went quiet, but not for long. On the Tuesday Yvonne and her family came to stay. I met Yvonne in Brazil during primary school. I left the Escola Americana do Récife when I was 7 years old. Later, when I was turned 10 we visited the family in Récife. It was wonderful to hook up after all those years. Back in March Yvonne and her dad met my parents and myself and we vowed to see each other more often. Yvonne's children Tessa and Linda are appropriately aged 9 and 11. Kiara fits in nicely in the middle. We had a wonderful time on the steamtrain from Wognum to Medemblik. The kids got all dressed up. Thanks to Yvonne's husband Gerard I managed the trainride as he carried my cushion around that day. The kids were facinated by the train and when we arrived back in Wognum, the staff went out of their way to let the kids experience travel in the olden days. We also went to Hoorn to do some shopping and went out for pizza and ice-cream in the evening. The kids also went swimming. It was so nice to have them, unfortunately time flew by really quickly.

No comments: