08 April 2009

When Dopamine meets your dreams


As you all know I had my Iodine treatment last week. It must have been successful because I was in awful pain.
When I'd wake up in the morning the pain was so severe I couldn't be bothered to get up to get to my painkillers. I tried to sleep it off, but my body took over. I have learned that actually concentrating on the pain is a good way to relieve yourself of it. Instead of the painkillers my body kicked in and produced some powerful Dopamine. In a slumbering state I dreamt my way into fantasy land where cancers were dead souls in purgatory waiting to be welcomed in heaven. One was called Queen Mama, a peaceful lady residing in the tumor of on my skull.The other was Big Mama, very much resembling this halloween creature on the left. Only she was blue, and not big at all! Hence the name! Of course. No, she was probably big because she resided in the tumour in my spine. The severest one at the moment. Well maybe there is some truth to that German Doctor's story -can't remember his name- that cancer should be treated with exorcisms. I think I will stick to my dreamteam, even if they give me head-aches half of the time.


Anyway I made it through the weekend. On the following monday I heard about what was going through regarding my surgery. I have a date now which is the 23rd of April. This period leading up to the surgery has been really tough. However, I am in so much pain now that I welcome the surgery.
I have enough time to get my stuff organized before that, and hope to emerge from this all in the summer. As of the 18th I will be seeking peace and quiet again. Please watch the blog for relevant information, and don't call me, I'll call you until my blog states otherwise. My sister Adrienne will be at my home and will take calls or requests to visit at home. Just dial my home number! I do love the visits in the hospital though. They get you through the day! Now that I can update with my cellphone, I can get information out to you quicker! I will do some more posts before I go!

1 comment:

Jocie Z ROCK said...

crazy dreams girl!!! WOW that was nuts!!! LOve it that you remember it so clearly! will bethinking of YOU!