04 December 2007

To be informed is half the trick

Reduce stress fast! That is the remedy I was looking for.
After waiting 4 days for information on my bloodtest I finally got ahold of Professor Lips. I needed an explaination for the alarming result of my test. Why had the Thyroglobulin gone up from 2600 to 10000? And that in less than a week's time?
I spent a very stressful weekend wondering if my recuperation was going down-hill. Not to mention the high blood-pressure that I got as a result of it. (188/127 in bed with a pulse of 110).
Well, the reason for the results of my blood test is that I had not taken my Thyrax (medication) for 3 weeks, prior to my last treatment. This actually effects the Thyroglobulin levels in your blood. Why I couldn't get an answer to this matter last week, I do not know...but the 8.000 increase...most probably has nothing to do with the cancer cells and the next reading with medication will probably be down to 2000 (is what Lips predicts). This is good news...the bad news is that the first reading was also done without medication. The decrease in cells is therefore not as large as I thought. But we have managed to get more than half of it, already. Well, I feel a little more relaxed now...but I need some time to get the stress under control. Next Friday I will be going back to Lips to evaluate what's going on.

1 comment:

Jocelyn Zarr '86 said...

dear aisha, what a roller coaster.. gimme a break! poor thing.. glad that you are back ont he mend and back to your never- failing positive outlook, love jocelyn
Zara sends kisses back to kiara. we went to the mall again and really wanted one of those motorized scooters!!!:-)