13 December 2007

Transcendental time

As winter sets in I am confronted with the fact that almost a year has passed since I fell ill. I bump into things, whilst sorting out my house on a frequent basis, which have been lying there waiting to be cleared away for a year. Yearly events in the news seemed like they happened only yesterday. I suppose it must feel much like this when you wake up from a coma.
Time has simply passed. Not days, not weeks, but months, without me consciously taking part. I reallize as I post this picture of my street, that I have posted a picture of every season since I fell ill. The trees have blossomed, turned green and lost their leaves, while I have been busy getting better. The good news is that I too seem to be re-newing myself, a technique that has brought these trees to a ripe old age of about 60 years. My neighbor saw them come, and the first are starting to go. 60 odd years are great! I will try to follow suit. Today I will be visiting PwC again; my baby steps taken to resume work. I must tread carefully so as not to waste the energy which I will need in seasons to come.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hay Aisha,
Ik had kortgeleden na maanden je report gelezen precies toen je erg bezorgd was over de thyroglobulin uitslagen. Ik ben blij te zien dat het niet ernstig bleek te zijn en dat het ondertussen weer wat beter met je is. Ik wens jou en je dochter een rustige en prettige kerstvakantie veel plezier met kerstmis en de beste wensen voor een goed nieuw jaar.

Justine en Jurgen.