05 November 2007

Thyroglobulin down from 3540 to 2660

The cancer cells are still diminishing. I got back the results from the blood test done on September the 18th which still shows a downward movement between August 2nd and September. (I did have a radiation therapy session on the 6th though. I therefore think the activity of the Iodine stopped before that). A new test was done on October 12th which will be compared to a test that will be done sometime near the end of November. Generally that test should take 4 weeks to be processed. Only then will I know what the last Iodine treatment has done. It is however clear that the uptake was successful. The areas in my backbone, leg and sacrum have clearly diminished. The area on my head isn't quite there yet. A decision might be made to turn to radiation therapy again. Until then we are monitoring that spot.

No comments: