04 November 2007

The tables are turned!

He was born when I was 15 years old: My eldest nephew, André who also resembles me the most in character and looks, of the younger generation. It was then that I looked after him, bathed him, fed him etc. etc.. Whatever happened to the time? We are now 24 years ahead and look who's looking after whom!

The CD cupboards which Hugo had helped me put up, needed to be filled. Finally there was an opportunity to get rid of the pile of boxes which have been sitting in my bedroom for at least 3,5 years! I no longer have to stare at the words : Dijkstra Transport when I am bed. Some of you will understand the significance of that! Instead I have now transported the remains of Dijkstra to my attic to be emptied and disposed of, really soon. Anyway my CD's have found their way into the cupboards in alphabetical order. It is so nice to have access to all of them again! The problem with all these tasks is becoming apparent to me slowly. I realize that I can not do any of them without help. Only yesterday I got too enthusiastic and overloaded my back. I am still getting over it now.
It was great having André here with his girlfriend Kamila to just spend an ordinary afternoon together with us. Kiara was able to feel like a kid at home and found herself stuffed in a box!
It was a fun day.
Earlier on Kiara's friend Jermaine had visited too. Kiara had been complaining that she was not socializing enough with her friends. She is right! As I have been acting like a hermit, she has not managed to get around as much either.
Jermaine spent a good length of time at our house and this being a busy weekend, things felt remotely normal.




No comments: