03 November 2007

Small miracles do happen

Just this morning I was wondering how I was going to get those horrid Maple leaves out of my garden in time to be swept away by the machine that the town uses to clean the streets. I have had so many friends help out around the house that I am trying to find new resources. Just in case I turn for the worst later on. I know that I can ask for plenty of help, but I don't want to saturate their willingness. I have therefore been thinking that there must be a way that helps both myself and the other party. Each day as I walked over the leaves. I wondered how to solve the leaf-matter and I was aware of the fact that I had to hurry up before the seeds settle in the ground and cause yet another problem in the spring time. I brought Kiara to soccer this morning and she was just playing with her friend Dilara afterwards when the doorbell rang. "'heeft u een heitje voor een karweitje", they asked. Which is sort of like "Trick or treat" but just a little bit different. This is what Dutch kids ask when they want to do a small job for you in order to earn some money in return. Of course I had a job for them and this child labour inducer made sure she offered them good money if they did the job properly. Jack 'n Judd worked like real-life lumberjacks at getting my garden in shape. Hip hip hurray...small miracles do happen!