24 August 2007

Mom has reached the big "Seven O"


Happy Birthday mom! 70 year old! What an honorable age! Not to mention; how well you have spent those years. For the most part serving others. If it wasn't helping out when you were a child, because circumstances made it necessary, it was taking care of 5 children. You were a teacher for part of your life... and you have always taken an active role in your close environment. Even now you are taking care of Kiara.
If everyone wonders why I am the way I am, well maybe my mother being my mother is part of the explaination.
When I saw Kiara after the hospital (and six weeks seperation) I was taken aback by her perfection. Not only how stable she is but also her physical state. It is a strange idea that she is the fruit of my womb. Little miss sporty actually came out of me, and here I was, only two months ago a deteriorating body. I am proud, to be Kiara's mother. I do believe that what she is becoming is for a large part the result of my own hard work. Therefore I feel proud of the job I did up to now. And proud of my own mother who has always been an inspiration.
Our children are our future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big up the real Moms in the world... My two favorites just happen to be in my family... D.