05 August 2007

Anticipating my release

Sunday, August 5th.
Happy Birthday André (my eldest nephew)! Well the best present I have to offer is that I am going home tomorrow. There are just a few things to be taken care of such as a mammograph to ensure the pain in my breast is only the new hormones roaring through my body and tomorrow at 17.30 I will have the first of my new (but very short series) of radiation therapy tomorrow as well.
The operated areas will be treated as a preventive measure and my sacrum (tail-bone) will be treated in order to cure the terrible cramps in my left leg. All in all I am very happy that despite the pain I have been able to mobilize myself to the point that I am able to go up and down one flight of stairs. I can also manage to walk out of the hospital my means of my what shall we call it: rolly-polly machine. Kiara, Aldith and Angelique have been torn at their seams laughing at me walking around like a granny. I will laugh at them when my ride is pimped next week! I hope that the parrot (Ara) at the shopping center has finally learnt to call me Granny as I have been practicing with him. No sound, so far!
Anyway looking forward to home sweet home. The next post will be made from home! Off to a rapid recovery...hopefully!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dank je!!!

Het was erg gezellig afgelopen zaterdag en ik was blij je weer te zien.

Kus (ook aan Ki) en tot gauw!

André jr