21 August 2007

Fast forward

The pace of time is perpetual at the Trappenberg. Once you catch the ride you are on the move. Yesterday alone, my intake day, I already moved around and sat up for a record length of time. This morning when I woke up at a quarter to seven I wondered how I was going to make my meeting in the pool at 7.30. I exercised my legs in bed and got up anyway.

Hydrotherapy felt most liberating. The hardest part is the psychological aspect of not trusting your body. I fought the tears (of joy) as I slowly realized that the validity of my body was much better than I had expected. I did many exercises in the water and was even able to perform the balancing exercises. It felt great and the water temperature was fine. I had a huge breakfast (3 slices of yeast free bread) compared to what I am used to and after a short rest of about half an hour to phone home I was brought to physical therapy. I was suprised once again to find out that working on my own fitness before my hospital period was actually paying off. My therapist measured my level of strength. He said that 5 was normal and that I already had a strenght of 4,5! This is certainly stimulating. Bird is laborious and makes sure she reaches her targets.

This afternoon I will have my first session of ergotherapy and that is it for today. I have invited my friend Hugo to visit in the afternoon and tonight Kiara, mom and Aldith will be visiting.

Incidently, I have more time on my hands than I expected, so please do visit. Please call in advance.

No comments: