27 April 2007

One for sorrow


Since I had the knowledge of the presence of a tumor in my body...a single magpie has been making frequent visits to my backyard. It makes you wonder how it can be that these things happen simultaneously. I can't help but think of the child's verse:


One for sorrow,

Two for joy,

Three for a girl,

Four for a boy,

Five for silver,

Six for gold,

Seven for a secret

Never to be told.


Well, I watched carefully...everytime it was just the one.
(For those who do not know; this verse is said when counting Magpies.)

Speaking of sorrow...well, if I tell you that I had my first radio therapy today, you can easily conclude that the last 2 days have been a practical and emotional rollercoaster. I have plenty to write up on now ...because I have had so many impressions. But for now.... I am going to bed to rest.

More info in the morning.