24 April 2007

The day before


Tuesday morning. Tomorrow is -so to speak- the big day. The oncologist will be telling me the bitter truth. Then later that day I can tell Kiara (my 7,5 year old daughter) the same wonderful news.

Right now my hope and expectation is that I have a Hodgkins Stage II diagnosis. All this would be great news as it has become obvious that Hodgkins Lymphoma is a treatable disease. (90% chance of survival after 10 years).

It is now precisely a week since I heard that I have a tumor in my back
. The next couple of days I will tell you more about what has happened since my life has become an upside-down pineapple cake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ai,

What do I write to you, the strong woman I know and love so dearly? What do I write to this beautyful person that stept into my life 20 years ago?

Girl you be strong!!!

Let me help you with things, anything. Maybe really stupit things like cleaning. I don't care, as long as you can put all your energy in winning this obstical.

Lots of luv to you and Kiara,

Rachelle

Unknown said...

Lieve Aisha,
Het leek zo logisch: een verkeerde koprol bij capoeira en het schoot in je rug: hernia.
Hoe het leven anders kan lopen....
Meid, wat een shock!
The power of the mind is incredible, so fight, you are so so strong!!!
In gedachten vecht ik met je mee...
Liefs van Nina.