25 April 2007

Biopsy of the back


Yesterday the oncologist called me in the afternoon. The biopsy showed no signs of bad cells. Well...that does not mean:good news.
The scan showed malignant cells (they are not allowed to say this for certain) and I will be starting radiation therapy next week. In the meantime they will have to repeat the biopsy which to me is the scariest thing out.
They put a hollow needle in your back (in my case). Then they insert this device in your back through the duct of the needle. This little device then takes a bite out of the tumor. Yes, it does hurt! And somehow or other I am more scared of this stupid intruder than any therapy to follow. This morning they will be conducting this test once again....just to pester me before I get the full-blown (if I am lucky) news-flash. I only slept 3 hours. I am scared.